- Provide primary law enforcement services to 355 square miles of rural Dakota County. This patrol area includes approximately 20,000 residents living in 13 incorporated townships and six small cities.
- Provide traffic enforcement and conduct initial investigation for complaints and crimes such as burglaries, domestics, alarms, and suspicious activities.
- Respond to and assist with motor vehicle accidents and medical emergencies.
- Serve the citizens of Dakota County by preventing and suppressing crime and protecting lives and property.
- Apprehend and assist in the prosecution of criminals, recover property, investigate crimes, and aggressively enforce traffic laws.
To contact the Patrol Division, call (651) 438-4750.