Drug Task Force
- Focus law enforcement efforts on individuals involved in the sale, distribution, and use of illegal narcotics.
- The task force also investigates gang and violent offender crimes.
- The task force is a cooperative effort on behalf of all Dakota County law enforcement agencies and the Savage Police Department.
- The Sheriff’s Office has three investigators assigned to the task force, including one gang investigator. The Sheriff’s Office also has an additional investigator assigned to the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) who works closely with the task force.
- Prevent the illegal use and distribution of narcotics within the community through proactive enforcement and public awareness while maintaining a zero tolerance philosophy.
- Assist local law enforcement in identifying and investigating gangs and violent offenders who commit the majority of crimes within the community.
If you have information about illegal narcotics activity or gang-related activity, please contact the Dakota County Drug Task Force at (651) 994-6220.