Fingerprinting for private purposes (such as employment or adoption) is offered by the Dakota County Sheriff's Office to the general public as follows.
Fingerprints are taken in Hastings on the following days and times:
- Cost is $20.00 for fingerprints, payable by CASH ONLY. (NO CHANGE CAN BE PROVIDED)
- Report to the Law Enforcement Center, 1580 Highway 55, Hastings MN 55033. In the Sheriff's Lobby there is a money kiosk. Enter code 7777. (More directions are provided at the machine and at the information window in the Sheriff's Lobby).
- Payment documentation will be provided. The document needs to be brought to room J107 (Book and Release) in the Judicial Center Building, 1560 Highway 55, Hastings, or ask for directions at the Point of Entry Screening.
- Fingerprinting process can take up to one-half hour depending on the number of customers requesting this service.
- Interstate Transfers for Probation prints are taken on Tuesdays from 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm and Fridays from 8:00 am to 11:00 am and 12:00 pm to 4:30 pm.
For more information call: (651) 438-4800